Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Some Days

Some days are just not as productive as others!

I don't know if it was the cold weather (it got below 10 C today!), the forboding morning traffic jam or the distinct lack of satisfaction from my morning corn flakes, but when I logged on I somehow knew something was amiss.

I immediately dived into some experimental rules engine stuff (which I will hopefully tell you all about in a future blog post) and thought I had shaken the willies. I was wrong. Not long after deployment I noticed something awry. My receive ports weren't receiving and my send ports weren't sending.

Somehow every folder on my local hard drive got the read only tag.

To add to my woes I could not log on locally to my SQL Server instance. Bizarrely I used mstsc to log remotely onto a server with SQL Management Studio and connect back the other way to my local host I could use my host instance fine.

So after implementing many well intentioned hot fixes and workarounds I am still stuck. A full system scan using the office standard Symantec Antivirus is in progress and my machine is at the mercy of the desktop support team.

I am expecting great things from tomorrow :)

No comments: